Being the amateur blogger that I am, I am extremely honored and very grateful to the lovely Sarah from Diary of a House Elf for nominating the (fake) parisienne for the Liebester Blog Award! Thank-you Sarah!
For those who are not familiar with this award, which by the way was the case for me, “Liebster” apparently means “favorite” in German making it the “Favorite Blog Award”. This is an award given to bloggers with less than 200 followers as a means of encouraging their efforts and boosting their traffic flow. But nothing in life comes free, so the rules are as follows:
The person nominated must answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated them AND tell 11 random facts about themselves. This person must then, nominate 11 other blogs with under 200 followers, of-course making sure to let them know they’ve been nominated and in turn asking them 11 of his own questions and so the cycle continues! What I’m not clear on is how one is chosen as the winner and on what basis so if anyone knows please do shed some light! Nontheless, I think this is such a great way of promoting amateur bloggers and also of getting to discover some awesome new blogs…
Let’s start with the 11 random facts about me:
- I have a major sweet tooth, so much so that I am willing to skip a main meal for dessert…or have dessert first (a usual occurrence)
- I love the Fall. All the colors, the flavors and the feeling of change that it brings
- I’m an Ally McBeal fan and have been searching for the box set for over 10 years
- I believe in retail therapy. Spending money can totally cure the blues
- I stifle my sneezes so they are silent
- My dream is to have a job that involves travel (still dreaming…)
- I’m a word whizz…boggle, scrabble, word twister…bring it on!!
- I salt my food before I taste it (I’m not impulsive, from, experience, it always needs it!)
- My guilty pleasure: ultra salty french fries…and chocolate eclairs.
- I don’t drink coffee
- Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of all time
As Sarah asked only 5 questions, I have made them 11 using some questions from her nominators list! Here goes nothing…
- What is your favorite movie? Only You for Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. *sigh*
- What is your dream vacation? An island somewhere…
- If you could steal one persons style, who would it be? Olivia Palermo
- Favorite band/artist? Dont have one favorite but I love Counting Crows and Dave Matthews Band
- why did you decide to write this blog? To document my adventures and share my stories
- What motivates you to keep going when you are feeling crappy? Faith, hope and chocolate
- Who/what do you want to be “when you grow up”? Rich!
- What one thing would make your life better? more time, more freedom from the corporate world
- What one quote best resonates with you? “the world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page”
- What one living person – that you don’t know personally – inspires you? Oprah Winfrey
- If you could spend one entire day how you wanted, what would you do? I would spend the whole day outside…didnt matter what I did…wandered aimlessley, ducked in and out of boutiques, sat on a park bench to read…
Unfortunately being the novice blogger that I am, I realized over the past few days that I dont know of any blogs with less than 200 followers!! The blogs I follow seem to be of big proportion and there are few others whose follower count I dont know! I feel a moral duty to return this favor so please help me nominate some fabulous blogs you believe in.
Again, thank-you Sarah for making me feel like my ramblings are worthwhile!